The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) , Maharaja’s College,Ernakulam
Maharaja’s College has a vibrant and dynamic Parent Teacher Association(PTA) constituted and guided by the Department of Collegiate Education through G.O.(MS) No. 133/90/H.Edn., dated 1st June 1990. Membership of the PTA is open to all parents and the teachers of Maharaja’s college. The PTA ensures active involvement of parents and teachers in all matters pertaining to the College, helps the authorities maintain a conducive academic ambience in the campus and strives to realize the sublime goals of the institution by creatively contributing to its management. In addition, it plays a most decisive role in maintaining discipline and in keeping the institutional assets intact. With a view to optimizing teaching-learning process and enhancing overall development of the College, the PTA extends every possible help and support. It is a democratic platform where every stakeholder is free to air his/her views on the educational field in general and the academic atmosphere of the College in particular.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the PTA are :
1. To foster and promote good relationship among the teaching staff, students and guardians of the students.
2. To create in its members a keen interest in the smooth working and the progress of the College and in maintaining good discipline and high academic standards.
3. To institute scholarships, prizes, medals, etc. to promote proficient and industrious students.
4. To provide and ensure amenities to the students of the college.
There is an Executive Committee and the administration of the association is vested in the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee consists of the President, Vice –President, Secretary and not more than eight other members of whom four shall represent the parents/ guardians and the rest teaching staff. The present office bearers are:
1. President : Principal, Maharaja’s College Ph.No. 0484 2363038 (o)
2. Vice-President : Prof. M S Viswambharan, Ph. No.9446300154
3. Secretary : Prof. N. Ramakantan, Dept. of Politics Ph. No.9496143232
Representatives of Parents
4. Sri.K.B.Sasidharan Ph.No. 9747720657
5. Smt.G.Usha Ph.No. 9846708467
6. Smt.Shakkeela Ph.No. 9497787251
7. Smt. Nabeesa Hameed Ph.No. 9447874685
Representatives of Teachers
8. Prof. V.S. Geethakumari, Dept. of English Ph.No. 9061139205
9. Dr.George Mathew,Dept. of Mathematics Ph.No. 9495427327
10. Dr.Muhammed Rafeeq, Dept. of Islamic History Ph.No. 9447261696
11. Prof.M.S.Murali, Dept. of Malayalam Ph.No. 9446088645
All the funds of the association are deposited in the Ernakulam District Government College Employees Co-operative Society ( No. E 844) in the name of the President. All funds will be utilized for the welfare of the College subject to the approval of the Executive Committee and the Annual Statement of Accounts is to be approved by the Annual General Body meeting of the PTA.