Structure and Rules Tutorial System1.The college library means
- General library
- Language and Research Center Library
- Departmental Libraries
2. The General library and sectional libraries are subdivided into
- Lending Section
- Reference section
3. The general library will be open from 9AM to 4PM on all working days.
4. The books will be issued to students on Iternative weeks from the General
Library as per the following schedules:
I and III Mondays - II M.A
II and IV Mondays - II MSc.
I and III Tuesdays - III BA and I M.A
II and IV Tuesdays- IIIBSc. And I MSc.
I and III Wednesdays -II B.A
II and IV Wednesdays - II BSc.
I and III Thursdays -1 BA
II and IV Thursdays -1 BSc.
The schedule for issue of books from the sectional libraries will be arranged by the heads of departments who will be in charge of the sectional libraries of their respective subjects
5. Number of books a student can borrow at a time from the library:
|General library||Sectional library|
English literature MA students can borrow 3 books at a time from the General Library.
6. Books borrowed from the general library must be returned within a fortnight and they can be renewed for a further period of 7 days if no one else has applied for the same books .
Books borrowed from the sectional libraries can be returned for a period of 3 weeks and they can be renewed for a further period of one week in the absence of requisition for the same books from anybody else.
7 Absence from college will not be accepted as an excuse for not returning the books in time .
If the due date for return of book falls on a weekend or short holidays the book must be returned on the next working day. ©Books borrowed for use during Onam , Christmas and summer vacations should be returned not later than third day after the reopening of the college .
All the books borrowed from the general library by students and members of teaching and non- teaching staff must be returned by the first of march every year for the annual physical stock verification of the library.
Postgraduate students and members of staff must return all the books borrowed from the sectional libraries on a date in march every year fixed by the respective heads of departments
8. Failure to return a book on or before the due date entails the student to pay a of 5 paise per day of delay for each books except in the case of UGC and Book Bank and Test Books
Failure to pay fine in time will result in the forfeiture of the right to borrow books till fines are paid .
Hall tickets for university examinations and Transfer Certificates will be issued and caution deposits refunded only after clearing all the dues to the library .
9. A member of the teaching staff is allowed to borrow 6 books at a time from General Library.
From each of the other sectional Libraries they can borrow 2 books at a time with the sanction of the concerned Heads of the Departments
A member of the teaching staff can borrow 10 books at a time from his/her Department Sectional Library and up to a maximum of 15 books with the sanction of the head of the department .No member of the teaching staff is permitted to borrow more than 15 books without specific sanction from the Principal,
The members of teaching staff of the English Department can borrow the text books prescribed for their subjects from the general library in addition to allowed number of books ; and in any case the total number shall not exceed 12 .
a memberofteachingstaffisallowedtoborrowtextbooksprescribed for his/her subject only from the library.
A member of the non teaching staff is allowed to borrow 3 books at a time from the general library.
10 Books borrowed other than text books should be returned within a period of one month by members of teaching and non teaching staff, and all books should be returned in time for the annual physical stock verification in March every year.
A member of staff who takes leave for more than a month must return all the books borrowed from the library before proceeding on leave.
11 Disfiguring the pages, scribbling on pages , tearing pages , spoiling and injuring of binding will be held to be serious damage to books and in such cases they are either to be replaced by new copies or got bound by the borrowers as the case may be .
12. For loss of books the following procedure will be followed:
If new edition or copies of the lost books are available with the book suppliers , the book has to be replaced by a new one .
If the lost book is not available for replacement the value of the lost book will be realized at the following rates: -
Thrice of the face value of the books, which were published prior to 1944
Twice the face value of books, which were published in and after 1944
If the book value cannot be ascertained from the library stock registers, compensation will be fixed on the basis of the market price of similar publication at the time of fixation
13. Sub-lending and transferring books to other person's name are not allowed 14 Books from the reference section shall not be taken outside the library
15. Strict silence should be observed in the library. Personal belongings such as umbrellas , bags, tiffin carriers etc. are not allowed to be kept in the library .Smoking , sleeping and indecent behaviour are prohibited inside the library
16. These rules shall apply to general library and sectional libraries of the college